Passion. That's the common attribute of those that work for our organization.
We are dedicated to helping the people who utilize our services. If you're ready to make a difference, browse our openings or upload your resume and tell us your interests. We'll consider you for future opportunities.
this position will be helping with increasing our capacity to assist more low-income families to attain affordable homeownership.
-Assisting in development of two new programs, resource development and Student volunteer involvement, for our local Habitat affiliate to increase our capacity of helping more
low-income families with homeownership.
-Coordination of student led events for volunteering with Habitat
-Coordination of recruiting events for volunteers to join the ReSource Development Committee and Student Chapter
-Serve on the Volunteer Committee
-Work with other members of staff that are involved with ReSource Development
-Work on specific Resource Development events (Women’s Build, Corporate Volunteer events etc. )
-Currently seeking a Bachelors degree
-Experience in resource development
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
· Assist customers with purchases, product questions, donation drop-offs, and loading customer purchases and handle multiple customers at once.
· Must be familiar with the ReStore Mission, products and layout, along with Habitat for Humanity International and HFHDWM to answer customer questions and offer shopping solutions.
· Operate a Point of sale, forklift and other equipment as required. (training provided)
· Direct volunteers to support various store activities and needs including accurate completion and maintenance of paperwork and facilitation of volunteer orientation.
· Efficiently load and unload truck: co-pilot on donation pick-ups as requested.
· Stock, clean, price and repair-donated items: clean and maintain interior and exterior of store.
· Works as scheduled, being flexible when needed and attends meeting/training as scheduled.
· Maintains a positive, team-oriented relationship with peers, supervisors and volunteers.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Able to follow directions to complete task and achieve team goals.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Strong critical thinking and ability to plan and solve problems.
· Able to interact and communicate well with supervisors, peers and customers.
· Capable of working with and providing direction to volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities and properly utilize these.
· Dependable and punctual and flexible.
· Proficient skills using computer based programs. Willingness to learn.
· Able to adapt to a dynamic environment with unexpected changes to priorities.
High school diploma or equivalent
At least 2 years’ experience in Retail and/or Customer Service
A Valid Driver’s license, Background and sexual offender, DMV driving reports will be required on consideration of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM JOB:
The majority of the day is standing, walking, bending, kneeling and reaching often in awkward or tiring position.
The environment can be dusty, noisy and donor vehicles and forklift may emit gas or other fumes causing an unpleasant odor.