Eligible Applicants & Project Service Area
- You will be considered for a Habitat house if you meet the following initial criteria:
- U.S. Citizen or legal Permanent resident with legal paperwork
- Employed in OR a resident of WHITFIELD OR MURRAY County.
- Total gross annual household income between $22,000 - $53,460 (based on size of family) – income will be included for all persons age 18 or older who are working and will live in the Habitat house
- Minimum of one year of continuous income
- Reasonably good credit. Any bankruptcies must have been discharged for at least three years prior to applying.
- Must be making payments on ALL debt
- Your present housing must be inadequate (unsafe, unaffordable, structural problems, overcrowded) or you must not be able to obtain adequate housing through other conventional means.
- A willingness to be a Habitat Partner (complete 350 sweat equity hours + workshops)
- Future candidates are invited to attend a Mandatory Applicant Orientation meeting to receive an application. These meetings provide candidates with detailed information and the requirements of our program, and typically will last approximately 1-2 hours.
For approved home buyers, for Habitat for Humanity of Dalton- Whitfield & Murray holds a 20-25 year, no interest mortgage. If you continue beyond the initial screening process, like all lenders, we will require: a loan application; verification of employment; listing of debts; credit report; and interviews with the applicants. We also do a Sex Offender and Criminal Background Check.
Additionally, we also make an assessment of your need for housing, ability to pay, and your willingness to be a Habitat Partner.
- If you have any questions concerning this preliminary information, please call the Habitat office at 706-272- 3336, Option 1.
- For your information, below are details about the typical house we build: 2 - 4 bedrooms (depending on family size) 1 – 2 baths 1200 – 1400 square feet
- Habitat for Humanity of Dalton-Whitfield & Murray is pledged to be a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
1509 North Thornton Avenue
Dalton, GA 30720