Habitat for Humanity Facts
- Future homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage.
- With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
- 90% of surveyed Habitat homeowners in 44 U.S. cities said they could not have owned a home without help from Habitat.
- Children of homeowners are 116% more likely to graduate from college compared with children in families who do not own their homes.
- The foreclosure rate on Habitat houses in the U.S. is less than 2% on an annualized basis.
- Habitat for Humanity International began in 1976 by Millard and Linda Fuller in Americus, GA. There are 1,500 U.S. affiliates and over 70 international sites.